Danish krone DKK
Exchange them for dollars!
We buy Danish krone DKK
Do you have old, discontinued Danish krona bills? You can quickly and easily exchange them for dollars. We can help you exchange the bills in the pictures.
In 1875 the Kingdom of Denmark introduced the Danish krone as its currency of exchange, replacing the Danish rigsdaler. The word krone shares its etymology with the worlds kroner and koruna, all of which refer to the crown found on the obverse of the coins.
Krone bills and coins are both available for exchange through our service, along with the out-of-circulation Danish krone bills.
Exchange rates. Last update 2020-05-29 14:00:13
|Currently in circulation||Discontinued||Coins|
Danish Krona DKK
Danish kronas currently in circulation
- The Copenhagen-based Danmarks Nationalbank released a new series of bills in 2009, a series which has come to be known as the ‘bridge series,’ thanks to the iconic Danish bridges pictured on the obverse of the beautiful banknotes. The bills are legal tender in the Faroe Islands, Denmark, and Greenland, and we can exchange them for you. Additionally, we accept Danish krone coins and banknotes which have been withdrawn from circulation.
- They can be exchanged at a bank or currency exchange office.
- We can also quickly and easily exchange them for you.
Danish krone withdrawn from circulation
- The Bridge series of Danish krone banknotes were printed by the Copenhagen-based Danmarks Nationalbank in 2009 to replace previous series, which lacked certain anti-counterfeiting features. While no longer legal tender in Denmark, the Faroe Islands, or Greenland, we can still exchange these banknotes for you. Additionally, we accept current Danish krone coins and banknotes.
- You can’t exchange these bills at banks or at currency exchange offices, and you can’t pay with them in Greenland or the Faroe Islands
- Contact us to exchange bills.
Exchange your Danish krone for dollars!
Found some Danish krone hidden in the house somewhere, or maybe some bills left over from your last trip to Denmark? Want to change them for US dollars?
Get cash for your old Danish krone. With forgottenbucks.com, you can exchange your money quickly and easily.
Exchange bills and coins from Denmark and other countries at forgottenbucks.com. Remember that you can still exchange currencies which are no longer in circulation. We can help you exchange Canadian dollars, German marks, Italian lira, Irish pounds, Czech crowns, and many other currencies.
We buy Danish krone coins DKK
Have Danish krone and want to exchange them? You can quickly and easily exchange them for dollars. We can help you exchange the coins in the pictures:
Danish krona currently in circulation
- These beautiful coins were minted by the Copenhagen-based Royal Danish Mint in denominations ranging from 50 øre to 20 kroner. They have served as legal tender since 1989, but are not accepted by exchange offices or banks outside Denmark. We can exchange these exquisitely detailed pieces for you, along with current and withdrawn Danish krone banknotes.
- Fill in the contact form below to exchange coins.
Exchange coins for dollars
Do you have some Danish coins left in your wallet from your trip to Denmakr? With forgottenbucks.com, you can quickly and easily exchange them for cash.
Don’t wait – exchange old bills and coins from Denmark and other countries. Remember that you can still exchange old bills and coins replaced by the Euro. We also exchange currencies such as Australian and Canadian dollars, Swiss francs, Czech crowns, and others – check it out.