German mark DEM
Exchange them for dollars!
We buy German marks DEM
Do you have German marks or other currency withdrawn from circulation and replaced by the Euro? We can help you exchange the bills in the pictures.
Introduced as the currency of Germany in 1948, the German mark (also known as the Deutschmark) was legal tender until 2002, when it was replaced by the Euro. First minted in silver in 1873, one German mark was equal to 100 pfennigs. Derived from mearc, the Norse word for ‘sign,’ ‘mark’ refers to the signs imprinted on bars of precious metal.
German marks withdrawn from circulation
- In 2002, the German mark was replaced by the Euro.
- German marks are no longer legal tender.
- The bills cannot be exchanged at banks or exchange offices.
- We can quickly and easily exchange them for you.
Change German marks into dollars!
Do you have discontinued German mark bills? Would you like to exchange them?
Get cash for your German marks. With forgottenbucks.com, you can exchange your money quickly and easily.
Exchange old bills and coins from Germany and other countries which have adopted the Euro. Remember that you can still exchange old, discontinued bills at forgottenbucks.com. We can help you exchange Austrian schillings, German marks, Maltese lira, Dutch guilders, Irish pounds, Czech crowns, and many other currencies.
We buy German marks DEM
Found some German coins hidden in the house somewhere, or maybe some coins left over from your last trip to Germany? Want to change them for US dollars?
Discontinued German mark coins
- These coins are no longer legal tender in Germany, having been withdrawn from circulation and replaced by the Euro in 2002. One mark was divided into 100 pfennigs.
- The coins cannot be exchanged at banks or exchange offices.
- We can exchange the coins shown in the pictures, regardless of when and where they were minted (as indicated by mint symbol A, B, D, F, G, or J). We also accept commemorative coins in denominations of 5 or 10 marks.
- West German marks and marks issued before 1945 can no longer be exchanged.
- Fill in the contact form below to exchange coins.
Exchange your German mark coins for dollars!
At forgottenbucks.com, you can quickly and easily exchange those German mark coins you have tucked away in a drawer somewhere.
Don’t wait – exchange old bills and coins from Germany and other countries. Remember that you can still exchange old bills and coins replaced by the Euro. We also exchange currencies such as Australian and Canadian dollars, Swiss francs, Czech crowns, and others – check it out.