Hungarian forint HUF
Exchange them for dollars!
We buy Hungarian forints (HUF)
Do you have old, discontinued Hungarian forint bills? You can quickly and easily exchange them for dollars. We can help you exchange the bills in the pictures.
First introduced in Hungary in 1946, the forint replaced Hungary’s previous currency, the pengő. The forint was named after the Florin, a Flemish gold coin produced from the mid-13th century.
Hungarian forint currently in circulation
- In 2004, the Hungarian National Bank issued the current series of Hungarian forint banknotes, replacing the previous series in order to improve anti-counterfeiting measures, including a holographic strip on the front of each bill. We exchange both current Hungarian forint banknotes and coins as well as those no longer in circulation.
- These bills can be exchanged at a bank or currency exchange office.
- We can also quickly and easily exchange them for you.
Discontinued Hungarian forints
- The current Hungarian Forint banknotes were released in 2007, replacing the previous series in order to introduce improved anti-counterfeiting features. Produced by the Hungarian National Bank in Budapest, the current series includes a holographic security strip. No longer legal tender, Hungarian forint banknotes which have been withdrawn from circulation can be exchanged with our service.
- These bills cannot be exchanged at banks or exchange offices.
- Contact us to exchange bills.
Exchange your Hungarian forints for dollars!
Found some Hungarian forints hidden in the house somewhere, or maybe some bills left over from your last trip to Hungary? Want to change them for US dollars?
Get cash for your old Hungarian forints. With forgottenbucks.com, you can exchange your money quickly and easily.
Exchange bills and coins from Hungary and other countries at forgottenbucks.com. Remember that you can still exchange currencies which are no longer in circulation. We can help you exchange Canadian dollars, German marks, Italian lira, Irish pounds, Czech crowns, and many other currencies.
We buy Hungarian forint coins (HUF)
Have some leftover coins from your trip to the Hungary and don’t know what to do with them? With us, you can easily exchange them for dollars. Get cash for the coins in the pictures:
Hungarian coins in circulation
- In 1993, the Budapest-based Hungarian Mint issued the current series of Hungarian forint coins in denominations ranging from 5 to 200 forints. These coins remain legal tender in Hungary, although the 1 and 2 Forint coins were removed from circulation in 1998. Presently, two different series of coins are in use. Those produced after 2012 bear the mark of MAGYARORSZÁG (Hungary), while those minted before that date bear the mark MAGYAR KÖZTÁRSASÁG (Republic of Hungary). Both are presently legal tender in Hungary.
- Coins cannot be exchanged at banks or currency exchange offices outside of Hungary.
- Fill in the contact form below to exchange coins.
Exchange Hungarian coins for dollars
At forgottenbucks.com, you can quickly and easily exchange those old Hungarian coins you have tucked away in a drawer somewhere.
Don’t wait – exchange old bills and coins from hungary and other countries. We also exchange currencies such as Australian and Canadians dollar, Swiss francs, Czech crowns, and others – check it out.