Irish pound IEP
Exchange them for dollars!
We buy Irish pounds IEP
Do you have Irish pounds or other currency withdrawn from circulation and replaced with the Euro? We can help you exchange the bills in the pictures.
First produced in 997, the Irish pound, or Punts Éireannach as they are known in Irish language, served as the Irish currency until replaced by the Euro in 2002. One pound was equal to the silver contained in 240 pennies, whose value was based on the value of Ancient Roman denarius, which was itself valued at 1/240 of a libra.
While currently obsolete, we are able to exchange Irish pounds.
Exchange rates. Last update 2020-10-19 14:00:10
|Currently in circulation||Discontinued||Coins|
Irish Pounds IEP
Withdrawn from circulation – Irish pounds
- In 2002, the Republic of Ireland became part of the European Monetary Union (EMU), rendering the Irish pound notes issued by the Dublin-based Central Bank of Ireland obsolete. Replaced the Euro, the Irish pound is no longer legal tender in the Republic of Ireland. We offer exchange services for pre-Euro Irish banknotes and coins.
- The bills cannot be exchanged at banks or exchange offices.
- Contact us to exchange bills.
Change Irish pounds into dollars!
Do you have Irish pounds? Would you like to exchange them?
With forgottenbucks.com, you can exchange your money quickly and easily.
Exchange old bills and coins from Ireland and other countries which have adopted the Euro. Remember that you can still exchange old, discontinued bills at forgottenbucks.com. We can help you exchange Austrian schillings, German marks, Maltese lira, Dutch guilders, Czech crowns, and many other currencies.
We buy Irish pound coins (IEP)
Have a bunch of old Irish coins and not sure what to do with them? We can help you quickly and easily exchange them for dollars. Get cash for the coins in the pictures:
Irish coins withdrawn from circulation
- In 2002, the Republic of Ireland joined the European Monetary Union (EMU), otherwise known as the Eurozone. Pre-Euro Irish pound and pence coins produced by the Central Bank of Ireland were replaced by the Euro, and were no longer legal tender.
- These coins cannot be exchanged at banks or exchange offices.
- One Irish pound was equal to 100 pence.
- We can exchange the coins for you. We also accept commemorative coins, such as the 1 pound coins issued on the occasion of the millennium in 2000, 50 pence issued for the 1,000th birthday of Dublin in 1998, and 1 pound coins minted in 1995 in honor of the UN .
- Fill in the contact form below to exchange coins.
Exchange Irish pound coins for dollars
At forgottenbucks.com, you can quickly and easily exchange those Irish coins you have tucked away in a drawer somewhere.
Don’t wait – exchange old bills and coins from Ireland and other countries. Remember that you can still exchange old bills and coins replaced by the Euro. We also exchange currencies such as Australian and Canadian dollars, Swiss francs, Czech crowns, and others – check it out.