New Zealand dollars NZD
Exchange them for dollars!
We buy New Zealand dollars NZD
Do you have old, discontinued New Zealand bills? You can quickly and easily exchange them for dollars. We can help you exchange the bills in the pictures.
In 1967, the Realm of New Zealand first issued the New Zealand dollar, replacing the New Zealand pound in circulation at the time. The New Zealand dollar is currently legal tender in the Cook Islands, the Ross Dependency, New Zealand, Niue, and Tokelau.
Exchange rates. Last update 2020-08-09 14:00:10
|Currently in circulation||Discontinued||Coins|
New Zealand Dollar NZD
New Zealand dollars currently in circulation
- In 1999, the current series of New Zealand dollar banknotes were issued for use in the Realm of New Zealand, replacing previous series with insufficient anti-counterfeiting features. Both the 1999 and 2015 releases of these banknotes were printed by the Wellington-based Reserve Bank of New Zealand on plastic polymer and included advanced security features such as a polymer window.
- The bills are the official currency of New Zealand, the Cook Islands, Pitcairn Island, and Niue and Tokelau.
- New Zealand dollars can be exchanged at banks and currency exchange offices.
- We can also exchange them for you.
New Zealand dollars withdrawn from circulation
- In 1999, New Zealand replaced its existing banknotes with plastic polymer notes produced by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Together with previous series, these notes were legal tender within the Pitcairn Islands as well as New Zealand proper. Since 1999, only the new plastic notes are legal tender, whereas previous series of New Zealand dollar banknotes are no longer accepted as legal tender.
- These bills were legal tender in New Zealand, the Cook Islands, Pitcairn Island, and Niue and Tokelau.
- These bills cannot be exchanged at banks or currency exchange offices outside of New Zealand, and you can’t use them to pay at stores in the Cook Islands, Pitcairn Island, and Niue and Tokelau.
- Contact us to exchange bills.
Change New Zealand dollars into US dollars!
Found some New Zealand dollars hidden in the house somewhere, or maybe some bills left over from your last trip to New Zealand? Want to change them for US dollars?
Get cash for your New Zealand dollars. With forgottenbucks.com, you can exchange your money quickly and easily.
Exchange bills and coins from New Zealand and other countries at forgottenbucks.com. Remember that you can still exchange currencies which are no longer in circulation. We can help you exchange Canadian dollars, German marks, Italian lira, Irish pounds, Czech crowns, and many other currencies.
We buy New Zealand dollar coins
- Minted by the Wellington-based Reserve Bank of New Zealand, these coins are not accepted by banks or exchange offices outside of New Zealand. We exchange New Zealand dollar coins.
- Coins currently in circulation are legal tender in New Zealand.
- We can exchange the coins shown.
- Fill in the contact form below to exchange coins.
Exchange New Zealand dollar coins for US dollars
At forgottenbucks.com, you can quickly and easily exchange those New Zealand coins you have tucked away in a drawer somewhere.
Don’t wait – exchange old bills and coins from New Zealand and other countries. We also exchange currencies such as: Australian and Canadian dollars, Swiss francs, Czech crowns, and others – check it out.